Amy L. Jones
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.orgEmail Amy
- Karen Baker
Related Practice Areas
- Presentations & Publications
- Firm News
Amy Jones is an associate with the litigation practice group, providing a practical and research-driven approach to a diverse set of clients.
Prior to joining Ireland Stapleton, Amy gained invaluable experience as a federal judicial intern for the Honorable Chief Judge Barbara M. Lynn for the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas and the Honorable Judge Kristen L. Mix for the United States District Court for the District of Colorado. In chambers, Amy researched and drafted various judicial opinions regarding constitutional, patent, contract, immigration, and procedural law.
During and after law school, Amy clerked for the Consumer Protection Unit at the Colorado Attorney General’s Office, where she directly contributed to Colorado’s landmark suit against Juul, the e-cigarette conglomerate.
Amy graduated in the top ten percent of class from University of Denver, Sturm College of Law. She served as both an editor for the Denver Journal of International Law and Policy and as the Articles Editor for the Denver Law Review. Amy holds a dual Master of Arts in International Relations and Modern History from the University of St. Andrews, where she composed her dissertation on the principle of legality in international criminal law.
Originally from London, England, Amy has always been drawn to the lifestyle diversity Colorado offers, while remaining an avid international traveler. Amy enjoys all types of outdoor recreation, especially skiing as a nationally certified ski instructor.
- J.D., University of Denver, 2020, Order of the Coif, Recipient of the Dean’s Scholarship
- M.A., University of St Andrews, 2017, Honors
- “Sessions v. Dimaya: Void for Vagueness in Immigration Law,” 96 Dev. L. Rev. Online, April 2019
- “Costs and consequences of wake effects arising from uncoordinated wind energy development,” presented at the Energy Policy Institute’s Energy Policy Conference, September 2018
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Member
- Doyle Inn of Court, Member
- Northwest Colorado Bar Association, Member