Michelle R. Thom is a real estate and business attorney with Ireland Stapleton. In her practice she advises businesses on their legal rights and duties, ensuring that their business risks are minimized. She assists clients by facilitating mergers and acquisitions, drafting business contracts, and providing counsel on regulatory frameworks and employment matters.
Prior to law, Ms. Thom worked in property management and real estate for eleven years in Phoenix, Arizona. As a Regional Supervisor of a property management company, she was extensively involved in all aspects of the business, including investor relations, financial and legal accountability, marketing and sales, training, budgeting and conflict management.Legal Experience
- Advise a global manufacturing company on risk mitigation opportunities for its contractual relationships.
- Assisted in the representation of a general contractor before a state environmental agency in connection with compliance matters and response actions to environmental contamination.
- Assisted in the representation of an international client in an asset acquisition of a manufacturing company.
- Assisted in the representation of a client in the sale of its consulting and technology company assets.
- On behalf of a Denver-based leading developer, owner and operator of retirement, assisted living and memory care communities across the United States, Ms. Thom assisted in business licensing, drafting lien waivers and reviewing employment requirements for assisted living facilities and drafted business contracts.
- While interning with a small criminal defense firm, she drafted legal memoranda on domestic and criminal motions, conducted fact investigations, facilitated client interviews and developed business marketing strategies.
- During law school, as a Student Attorney at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law Community Economic and Development Clinic, Ms. Thom was responsible for managing all aspects of the attorney-client relationship for two Denver nonprofit corporations, including copyright law, nonprofit employment governance, state and local notice guidelines for redevelopment, and nonprofit risk management.
- Interned for Judge Angela Arkin at the 18th Judicial District, drafting legal memoranda on domestic motions and observing court proceedings.
- As an intern for HUD Region VIII Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity provided analysis for enforcement investigations of fair housing violations under federal law.
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Thompson G. Marsh Inn of Court
- Member, The Arc Pikes Peak Region