Michael R. Miller is best known for untangling difficult and complex business transactions for his clients. Mr. Miller provides legal counsel to businesses on a variety of transactions including complex merger and acquisition transactions, private equity transactions, joint ventures and business restructurings. He also helps entrepreneurs, start-ups and long-standing companies realize their objectives on a wide variety of matters including business formations, general corporate matters, contract preparation and negation matters, due diligence, risk assessment, compliance, indemnification and real estate related matters. Mr. Miller serves as Of Counsel with Ireland Stapleton Pryor & Pascoe, and separately he is employed as General Counsel to JMJ Associates, an international safety leadership consultancy. Legal Experience
- Represented a full service enterprise hosting/cloud computing and professional services firm in the sale of a controlling interest to a private equity investor.
- Represented an international management consultancy in the sale of a 55% ownership interest to a UK private equity investor. The enterprise value of the business for the transaction was $160 million.
- Represented an IT integration consulting firm in the purchase of a large data center from its customer combined with a long term hosting agreement which helped fund the acquisition.
- Represented a high tech business in the acquisition of a struggling competitor through an Article 9 sale transaction.
- Represented a mobile device personal security business through several rounds of equity financing and a New Market Tax Credit transaction.
- Represented an IT contracting and consulting services organization in the successful sale to an international information technology and Internet solutions firm.
- Represented local commercial lenders in structuring and documenting loan transactions and pursuing remedies upon default.
- Represented an IT consulting and services firm in a creative finance and restructuring transaction involving the outsourcing of most business expenses. The transaction alleviated significant problems created by a shortage of capital and paved the way for significant growth of the business.
- Worked with an oil and gas services company to acquire a synergistic business to expand the company’s Offshore arm of its business.
- Successfully represented a hard money lender with a short term loan to help stabilize a challenged real estate development project in Avon, Colorado.
- Worked with an international flexible packaging distribution company to acquire a facility and develop a manufacturing facility expanding its operations and lines of business.
- Represented an Internet-based entity formation and registered agent business in the successful sale to one of the largest providers in that industry.
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- Member of the Board of Directors of Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver
- Member of the Finance and Audit Committee of Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver
Mr. Miller enjoys spending time with his wife and four children, swimming, biking, running and working as pro bono counsel for Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver.