Ms. Drexler provides counsel to clients in intellectual property, business transaction and mergers and acquisition matters.
Ms. Drexler prosecutes U.S. and international trademark registration matters, advises and drafts trademark, copyright and patent licensing agreements and represents clients in trademark opposition, cancellation and appeal proceedings. Ms. Drexler provides representation in trademark and copyright infringement matters, domain name disputes, cybersquatting and other internet-related issues, as well as trade secret, non-disclosure and work for hire matters.
Ms. Drexler represents business owners in general business matters, including entity creation, buy-sell issues, shareholder disputes, redemption contracts, financing agreements, construction and design contracts, equipment acquisition and lease agreements, licenses, warranties, production agreements, master services agreements and customer contracts. She also counsels clients with regard to breach of contract issues, executive employment agreements, trade secret, work for hire, and non-compete agreements.Read More
Ms. Drexler also provides representation in mergers and acquisitions in a wide variety of industries, including recreational equipment wholesalers and retailers, general contractors, architecture and design firms, construction material and supply wholesalers, large equipment sales and leasing companies; disaster restoration services, radio stations, concert promotion companies, for-profits schools, and retail franchises.
Presentations & Publications
- Representation in trademark prosecutions, oppositions and appeals in the United States and internationally in more than 15 countries: successful resolution of high-value trademark disputes and infringement claims
- Achieved trademark registrations despite multiple and simultaneous challenges from Office Actions, opposition and cancellation proceedings and infringement claims
- Acted as outside general counsel for clients for 25 years, advising on general corporate and business transaction matters
- Representation in copyright registration, infringement and licensing issues, and complex patent, trademark and copyright licensing matters
- Represented clients for 25 years in the purchases and sales of privately-owned businesses in a variety of industries
- Author, “Landslide,” Colorado Review, March 2012; creative nonfiction essay; Notable Essay, Best American Essays 2013; Nominee, The Pushcart Prize
- Author, “Stealing Mannequins,” West Branch, Bucknell University, March 2013; creative nonfiction essay; Notable Essay, Best American Essays 2014
- Author, “New Realities,” MAKE: A Literary Magazine, Chicago, October 2013; creative nonfiction essay
- Author, “Calculating Net Pecuniary Loss,” The Colorado Lawyer, June 1995
- Guest Lecturer, Legal Issues in Nonfiction Writing, Colorado State University MFA Program 2013
- Dean, Phil Weiser’s Advisory Council, University of Colorado School of Law, 2014-2016
- Past Chair, Colorado Bar Association Entertainment and Sports Committee
- Member, American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
- Member, Colorado Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
- Member, International Trademark Association
- Lighthouse Writers Workshop, Vice President, Board of Directors, 2012-2016; Strategic Planning Committee, Governance and Nominating Committee, 2012-2016
- Africa School Assistance Project (Member, Clinton Global Initiative), Advisory Board Member, 2013-2016; Chair, School Dormitory Design and Planning Committee for the Kupanda Project in Idetemya, Tanzania; School Construction Volunteer, Kirenga Primary School, Tanzania, 2010-2014
Outside of the office, Ms. Drexler enjoys writing, running, mountain biking, traveling, music and design, and she works to promote social and humanitarian causes.