Jennifer M. Kinkade
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.orgEmail Jennifer
- Robin McReynolds
- Legal Experience
- Firm News
Jennifer Kinkade is an employment and litigation associate. In her practice, Jenn advises clients in all aspects of employment and labor, including discrimination and harassment policies and issues, COVID-related policies, wage and hour issues, and employment agreements, including non-compete or non-solicitation agreements. As a former plaintiffs’ attorney, Jenn uses her experience to provide well-rounded and thoughtful insight to employers.
Rather than a one-size-fits-all approach, Jenn tailors her advice and counseling to fit the needs of the client. Jenn takes into account each client’s practical and business considerations, their industry and culture, and their goals, values, and mission. In addition to her employment practice, Jenn’s litigation experience is broad and has covered a wide variety of disputes, including employment and labor lawsuits, real property disputes, contract litigation, and trade secrets cases. Her approach to litigation echoes her counseling and transactional practice by emphasizing practicality, efficiency, and strategy.
Jenn has represented several clients in federal and state court hearings, including discovery disputes in which she has successfully argued her client’s position. Jenn has also won motions in state and federal court, including motions for summary judgment.
Jenn previously worked as a litigation associate where she represented businesses, trusts, and individuals in a variety of disputes. Jenn’s first position out of law school was representing plaintiffs in employment and wage disputes with Charlotte Sweeney at Sweeney & Bechtold. Sweeney is now a U.S. District Court Judge serving Colorado. Jenn graduated from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law in 2019 where she obtained the Workplace Law Certificate. During law school, Jenn authored a paper on the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (“ADEA”) which was one of two submissions from DU Law to the Louis Jackson Memorial National Student Writing Competition. Jenn graduated with her undergraduate degree from Colorado State University in December 2015, where she majored in Sociology with a concentration in Criminology and minored in Political Science. During undergraduate and law school, Jenn participated in programs aimed at educating jail inmates and students in creative writing and their Constitutional rights. Between undergraduate and law school, Jenn interned at the Public Defender Service of Washington, D.C. (“PDS”) where she investigated cases and assisted attorneys who represented juvenile clients through criminal felony proceedings.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- J.D., University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2019
- B.A., Colorado State University, 2015
- Litigation Associate, Burns, Figa & Will, P.C., February 2021-February 2022
- Associate, Sweeney & Bechtold, LLC, September 2019-February 2021
- Represent a trust in a contract dispute involving commercial property and damages of more than $1mm. Assist in research and drafting of pleadings and motions, take depositions, and communicate with opposing counsel and clients regularly.
- Represent mid-size companies through EEOC and CCRD process regarding claims of disability discrimination under the ADA and CADA.
- Prepare discovery responses and requests in federal and state litigation.
- Draft appellate briefs and other related pleadings for corporate clients in contract and UCC disputes.
- Draft and revise employment agreements, offer letters, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, severance agreements, policies, and notices.
Depose and defend depositions of witnesses and clients.
- Colorado Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section, Member
- Colorado Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Member
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Member