Ryan G. Wilcox
EMAIL email@example.comEmail Ryan
- Barb Gregory
- Legal Experience
- Presentations & Publications
- Community Involvement
Ryan Wilcox is a real estate attorney at Ireland Stapleton. In his practice, Ryan represents real estate developers and investors. He provides legal advice on all aspects of real estate-related matters for his clients, including real estate acquisitions, sales, financing, leasing, land use, and 1031 tax deferred exchanges. In his practice, he focuses on leasing, including commercial office, retail, and industrial leasing on both the landlord and tenant sides. He also helps lenders and borrowers navigate the legal aspects of financing in relation to real property acquisitions and construction projects. Ryan has broad experience assisting clients with real property disputes, including conflict resolution and litigation.
In addition, Ryan does extensive work in historical preservation with historic conservation easements in Colorado. Ryan assists with all aspects of entity formation as it relates to his client’s real estate matters. He works with a wide range of clients to efficiently and effectively accomplish their goals.
- University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, J.D., 2016
Recipient of the Zarlengo Endowed Scholarship and a Dean’s Scholarship
- University of Colorado, Leeds School of Business, B.S.B.A., 2011
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate Law, since 2021
- Selected a Colorado Rising Star by Colorado Super Lawyers® for Real Estate, since 2020
- Worked at a boutique real estate firm specializing in development, sales and acquisitions, and leasing with an emphasis on investment properties.
- Has worked on a wide range of projects addressing clients’ business needs related to real estate, including property management agreements, franchise agreements, joint venture agreements, tenant in common agreements, and business asset purchase and sale agreements.
- Represented two of the largest organizations authorized by the State of Colorado to hold historic preservation easements and has worked on numerous historic preservation projects.
- Worked with The Trust for Public Land, a national nonprofit, on real estate related legal matters.
- Worked on various affordable and low-income housing projects both within large developments and as stand-alone projects.
- Has helped clients form homeowners associations under the Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act (CCIOA) for condominium and platted lot developments.
- Contributed to the updating and editing of the Colorado Bar Association’s Colorado Real Estate Forms Deskbook.
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Volunteer work for the Melanoma Research Foundation and the Dumb Friends League
- Pro bono representation of organizations formed to preserve historic buildings in Colorado
- Pro bono representation of a nonprofit establishing a Safe Outdoor Space for people without housing in the Denver Metro Area