Zach W. Fitzgerald
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.orgEmail Zach
- Malia Heyd
Related Practice Areas
- Legal Experience
- Community Involvement
- Firm News
Zach Fitzgerald is an associate in the firm’s Denver office and he focuses on commercial litigation and appeals. He has assisted clients with matters involving contracts, torts, professional licensing and discipline, regulatory issues, agriculture, oil and gas leasing, employment, non-compete agreements, internal business disputes, fraud, landlord-tenant relationships, liquor licensing, construction, real estate, insurance coverage, and appeals.
Zach has litigated multiple trials and arbitrations to victory, including against far more experienced attorneys. His experience includes litigation in state and federal courts in Colorado, California, Montana, Georgia, South Carolina, Texas, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, and Delaware, including multiple federal appellate courts, state intermediate courts of appeal, and state supreme courts.
Zach’s first goal with every client is to keep them out of litigation. But once a complaint is filed, he has the expertise and experience to shepherd his clients through all stages of litigation. He does not shy away from the difficult conversations that litigation brings about, and he advises his clients in an honest fashion to make sure litigation is resolved with the most efficient and desirable outcome. His experience allows him to apply complicated legal principles to practical situations and explain difficult legal concepts to nonlawyers in an effective manner.
Prior to joining Ireland Stapleton Pryor & Pascoe PC, Zach clerked for Judge David Ebel on the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals and Chief Justice Nancy Rice on the Colorado Supreme Court. He also worked for a regional litigation firm and a large international firm handling all aspects of litigation.
Prior to attending law school, Zach worked as a musician, salesperson, and music teacher. He is an avid weightlifter and nerd, and he enjoys hiking with his wife, daughter, son, and dog.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law, 2015
- B.A., University of Nebraska, Omaha, 2008
- Secured dismissal of tort claims against real estate purchaser leading to successful mediation of remaining claims, including minimal liability for client.
- Drafted successful opposition brief to certiorari petition for the Colorado Supreme Court.
- Negotiated favorable settlement for client in commercial landlord-tenant dispute.
- Successfully litigated bench trial before an administrative law judge opposing attorney general’s office for pro bono client regarding professional discipline, resulting in recommendation of no discipline.
- Secured dismissal of counterclaims, judgment in favor of client, and award of attorneys’ fees in dispute between real estate purchaser and prior owner.
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- La Academia, Volunteer Mock Trial Coach, 2016-2017