Ben Larson is a trial and appellate attorney at Ireland Stapleton Pryor & Pascoe. Mr. Larson is a member of the firm’s litigation group, focusing on complex commercial and regulatory matters. He counsels clients on a variety of business issues, including antitrust, business dissolution, breach of contract, construction defect, product defect, employment law, intellectual property, business professional liability and securities claims. Mr. Larson has a wealth of trial and appellate experience that he relies upon to pursue successful outcomes tailored to his clients’ needs.
In addition to his litigation work, Mr. Larson is adept at advising his business clients on a wide range of corporate and regulatory matters, including best practices for business formation and governance to avoid litigation from internal and external disputes. Whatever the challenge presented, Mr. Larson channels his broad background of knowledge from his litigation, corporate, and regulatory experience to solve complicated problems for his clients.
Mr. Larson joined Ireland Stapleton after graduating with highest honors from the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law. Prior to law school, Mr. Larson worked in banking and spent two years teaching English in Japan.Legal Experience
Presentations & PublicationsMemberships
- Represents partners, members and shareholders of privately held businesses in disputes involving departure, dissolution, and director and officer liability claims, including freeze-out cases.
- Represented international manufacturer in products defect case and secured a complete victory at trial.
- Secured several appellate victories at the Colorado Supreme Court on election law issues.
- Successfully represented proponents of various ballot measures through the Colorado title setting process, including Title Board hearings.
- Represented fire district in territory dispute with neighboring district and secured a complete victory at trial.
- Won an appellate case on issue of first impression regarding the interpretation of a statute that was critical to the client’s business.
- Represents rural electric associations in regulatory matters before the Colorado Public Utilities Commission.
- Represented a national transportation network company in connection with developing the rules and regulations with the Colorado Public Utilities Commission.
- Represents companies and their officers and directors in employment cases associated with discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination and wrongful discharge.
- Represented oil and gas company in connection with current and future promote payments and breach of contract related issues.
- Represented oil and gas company in dispute with dozens of plaintiffs alleging washout claims and obtained order quieting title in company’s protective leases.
- Represented ranch owner in pipeline dispute against oil and gas company and secured arbitration award in ranch owner’s favor.
- Represented a fixed-based operator in a federal antitrust lawsuit asserting claims under the Sherman Act, equal protection clause and commerce clause.
- Represents claimants in FINRA actions for securities fraud violations.
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
Mr. Larson enjoys traveling, skiing, hiking and camping with his family.