Erica Tarpey is a business attorney at Ireland Stapleton Pryor & Pascoe, PC and she also serves as the Firm’s Managing Director. She is a skilled business attorney with experience in a wide variety of matters including corporate governance, business formation, SEC compliance and corporate finance. Prior to joining Ireland Stapleton, Ms. Tarpey was the Chief Corporate Counsel for Citadel LLC, a global financial institution based in Chicago. In that role, Ms. Tarpey oversaw the corporate compliance aspects of more than 100 entities, drafted Securities and Exchange Commission filings, prepared corporate documents and loan agreements, and she was the lead attorney responsible for the company’s audited financial statements. Ms. Tarpey has also handled various employment matters, including non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, training and investigations.
- Managed corporate compliance aspects of more than 100 entities on behalf of a global hedge fund, including governing documents, board meetings, corporate secretary functions, corporate compliance filings, incorporations and dissolutions.
- Drafted prospectuses, shareholders’ agreements, partnership agreements, service contracts, investment management agreements, engagement letters and non-disclosure agreements.
- Represented a cable company in franchise related proceedings that included issues of consumer protection, state/federal jurisdiction, cable infrastructure, rates and service.
- Advised employers on federal and state employment law matters, including civil rights, wage and hour regulations, unemployment compensation and employee performance and discipline.
- Board Member, Rocky Mountain MS Center
Outside of the office, Ms. Tarpey enjoys traveling, skiing, cooking and cycling.