Benjamin J. Larson
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.orgEmail Benjamin
- Karen Baker
- Legal Experience
- Presentations & Publications
- Firm News
Untangling complex litigation, corporate, and regulatory matters.
Ben Larson is a trial and appellate attorney at Ireland Stapleton Pryor & Pascoe. In his practice, Ben works with business owners, individuals, and local governments to help them with complex commercial and regulatory matters. He is adept at untangling a wide range of issues such as antitrust, business dissolution, breach of contract, construction defect, product defect, employment law, oil and gas, intellectual property, business professional liability, and securities claims. Ben has also represented several political campaigns on election law issues to guide them in getting initiatives on the ballot. As part of his election law practice, Ben frequently litigates issues before the Colorado Supreme Court, where he has achieved victories on constitutional issues of first impression.
In addition to his litigation work, Ben is adept at advising his business clients on a wide range of corporate and regulatory matters, including best practices for business formation and governance to avoid litigation from internal and external disputes. Whatever the challenge presented, Ben channels his broad background of knowledge from his litigation, corporate, and regulatory experience to solve complicated problems for his clients. Ben’s strength lies in his unique ability to take on a problem from its initial stages and, if necessary, see it through to a successful resolution at the highest state or federal courts.
Ben joined Ireland Stapleton after graduating with highest honors from the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law. Prior to law school, Ben worked in banking and spent two years teaching English in Japan.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- J.D., University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2010, Order of St. Ives
- B.S., University of South Dakota, Economics, 2003, with highest honors
Honors & Awards
- Selected to Colorado Super Lawyers for Business Litigation, 2014 – 2020
- Represents partners, members, and shareholders of privately held businesses in disputes involving departure, dissolution, and director and officer liability claims, including freeze-out cases.
- Represented international manufacturer in products defect case and secured a complete victory at trial.
- Secured several appellate victories at the Colorado Supreme Court on election law issues.
- Successfully represented proponents of various ballot measures through the Colorado title setting process, including Title Board hearings.
- Represented fire district in territory dispute with neighboring district and secured a complete victory at trial.
- Won an appellate case on issue of first impression regarding the interpretation of a statute that was critical to the client’s business.
- Represents rural electric associations in regulatory matters before the Colorado Public Utilities Commission.
- Represented a national transportation network company in connection with developing the rules and regulations with the Colorado Public Utilities Commission.
- Represents companies and their officers and directors in employment cases associated with discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, and wrongful discharge.
- Represented oil and gas company in connection with current and future promote payments and breach of contract related issues.
- Represented oil and gas company in a dispute with dozens of plaintiffs alleging washout claims and obtained order quieting title in the company’s protective leases.
- Represented ranch owner in pipeline dispute against oil and gas company and secured arbitration award in ranch owner’s favor.
- Represented a fixed-based operator in a federal antitrust lawsuit asserting claims under the Sherman Act, equal protection clause, and commerce clause.
- Represents claimants in FINRA actions for securities fraud violations.
What the Election Results Mean for Your Business
UPDATE: The Paycheck Protection Program
- “Antitrust for All: A Primer for the Non-Antitrust Practitioner,” in The Colorado Lawyer, October 2014.
- Denver University Law Review, Staff Editor, 2009-10.
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- “As judge dismisses lawsuit against Colorado Blue Book, a second group accuses the election guide of being unfair,” Denver 7, September 11, 2020