Jeffrey S. Hurd
EMAIL email@example.comEmail Jeffrey
- Laurie Dry
- Legal Experience
- Firm News
Jeffrey S. Hurd is a commercial and regulatory attorney with Ireland Stapleton Pryor & Pascoe, PC, and leads the firm’s Grand Junction office.
Jeff knows clients hire attorneys for solutions, and he combines strategic thinking with timely and pragmatic advice to help clients succeed. Jeff works with businesses and entrepreneurs on the Western Slope and throughout Colorado on complex transactions and regulatory matters, as well as in litigation and appeals.
Jeff has broad experience as outside general counsel for businesses and is dedicated to being responsive and to providing sound legal advice as well as good judgment. He has coordinated and successfully pursued high-profile legal disputes and is adept at assembling resources and using them to creatively solve problems. A substantial portion of his practice focuses on rural electric cooperatives, telecommunications providers, and other companies navigating highly regulated spaces.
Jeff clerked for the Honorable Timothy M. Tymkovich of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit and practiced law at Sullivan & Cromwell, LLP, in New York City before returning home to Western Colorado in 2014.
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- LL.M., Columbia University School of Law, May 2010, James Kent Scholar
- J.D., University of Denver Sturm College of Law, May 2008, Order of St. Ives
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, 2001
- Partner, Beckner & Hurd, LLC, 2014-2017
- Associate, Sullivan & Cromwell, LLP, 2010-2014
- Judicial Law Clerk, Hon. Timothy M. Tymkovich, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, 2008-2009
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Forum, Member
- Electric Cooperative Bar Association
- Federalist Society
- Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce, Member, Board Director 2015 – 2018 (2017 Chairman of the Board)
- Grand Junction Regional Air Service Alliance, Board Director
- Judicial Performance Commission, 21st Judicial District, Commissioner
- Legal Aid Foundation of Colorado, Trustee
- Mesa County Bar Association
- United States Magistrate Judge Merit Selection Panel, U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, Panel Member
Colorado Mesa University Civic Forum with Attorney General Phil Weiser
September 17, 2021
Ireland Stapleton attorney Jeffrey Hurd participated in Colorado Mesa University’s Civic Forum focused on the Constitution and Colorado Attorney General Weiser’s Ginsburg/Scalia Initiative. The forum, moderated by Colorado Mesa University President John Marshall, included Attorney General Weiser and attorney Steve ErkenBrack. The Ginsburg/Scalia Initiative, which aims at respectful engagement across the political spectrum, encourages collaborative problem solving with the goal of building stronger bonds of citizenship.