Sarah W. Benedict
EMAIL email@example.comEmail Sarah
- Robin McReynolds
- Legal Experience
- Community Involvement
- Firm News
Sarah W. Benedict is a corporate attorney in Ireland Stapleton’s business law practice group. Sarah represents business clients looking to execute on their strategic growth, reorganization, and succession planning. She provides practical, strategic advice to clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, contract negotiations, real estate transactions, corporate governance, software licenses, and other legal transactions. Sarah also works with both issuers and investors in connection with a range of private placements and equity offerings, and she counsels clients on corporate restructurings intended to meet their specific business needs.
Sarah regularly assists her clients in their day-to-day legal needs, responding quickly and efficiently to ensure that they receive the advice and support they need. That may involve drafting or reviewing a contract on short notice, advising on the risks that a client faces in a particular transaction, or negotiating with the opposing party to obtain the best result for the client. Sarah understands the complex needs of business owners and executives and always strives to ensure that the guidance she provides is given in the context of the client’s business realities instead of providing legal advice in a vacuum.
- J.D., William & Mary, 2007, Order of the Coif, Articles Editor, William & Mary Law Review
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1999, Anthropology
Honors & Awards
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® for Corporate Law, 2021-2023
- Represented a long-time client with the sale of an apartment complex for more than $60 million.
- Assisted a European company in the acquisition of a Colorado-based manufacturing company and its establishment of a US presence.
- Assisted with the formation of a dental support organization (DSO) and its entry into the market in multiple US states.
- Represented a consulting and technology company in connection with a $17 million sale of a majority interest to a private equity investor.
- Represented a technology company in the creation and consolidation of master forms to be used in connection with the sale of their products and services.
- Represented a client in the purchase of a $5 million construction company.
- Assisted an insolvent technology company in the sale of its assets and in negotiations with its senior secured creditors.
- Represented a group of related entities in the amusement vending industry with a multi-million dollar refinancing of their operations and the subsequent buyout of one of the equity owners.
- Assisted in the representation of a client in the acquisition of a community bank and the subsequent private placement of its securities.
- Assisted in the representation of a publicly-traded company in the oil and gas industry in the acquisition of a $20 million business.
- Colorado Lawyers Committee, Board Member