Timothy G. Atkinson
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.orgEmail Timothy
- Robin McReynolds
- Legal Experience
- Community Involvement
- Firm News
Timothy G. Atkinson is seasoned litigation attorney with a knack for untangling overwhelming complex legal matters.
In his practice, Tim focuses on commercial litigation matters, general corporate matters, and employment law counseling.
Following graduation from law school, Timothy Atkinson clerked for the Honorable R. Lanier Anderson III, on the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, followed by associate positions with Quarles & Brady in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and Kirkland & Ellis’ Denver office. In 1991, he joined the Denver office of Reinhart, Boener & VanDueren, and became managing partner of that branch in 1998.
Tim left private practice in 2000 to become Executive Vice President of Business Development and General Counsel of Quentra Networks, where he led the acquisition of six companies and directed all legal affairs, which was followed by his appointment as general counsel of Expanets, Inc., an $800 million/year communications equipment and services provider, where he was responsible for all legal affairs and supervised Human Resources for over 3,000 employees.
Prior to attending law school, Tim was a staff instructor for the Winter Park Handicapped Ski Program (now the NSCD) and a participant in the inaugural Winter Olympics for the Disabled.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh, Ninth, Tenth and Eleventh Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Districts of Arizona, Colorado, Georgia and Wisconsin
- J.D., Cornell Law School, 1983, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Senior Note Editor, Cornell Law Review
- B.S. with distinction, University of Wisconsin, 1978, Chair of the Economics Student Association, Four Year Member of the Ski Team
Honors & Awards
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® for Commercial Litigation
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Special Olympics, Instructor
- “25 great rides & the people who love them,” The Trek summer ’19 quarterly, July 19, 2019