James R. Silvestro
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.orgEmail James
- Malia Heyd
Related Practice Areas
- Presentations & Publications
- Firm News
James Silvestro is a litigation attorney at Ireland Stapleton, whose practice focuses on land use, real estate, and complex commercial disputes.
James guides the firm’s clients through all stages of litigation in state and federal court, including jury trials and appeals. James also regularly represents clients in municipal land use proceedings throughout Colorado and, if necessary, in subsequent appeals brought pursuant to C.R.C.P. 106.
Prior to joining Ireland Stapleton, James worked as an Honors Attorney for the U.S. Department of Energy in Washington, D.C. Immediately after law school, James served as a law clerk to the Honorable Chief Justice Michael Bender (Ret.) with the Colorado Supreme Court.
James earned his J.D. from the University of Colorado Law School, where he graduated first in his class and served as the Managing Editor for the University of Colorado Law Review.
- J.D., University of Colorado, 2011, Order of the Coif
- B.A., Colby College, 2008, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Honors & Awards
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® for Land Use and Zoning Law, 2023
- Selected to Colorado Super Lawyers® for Land Use and Zoning, 2017-2022
- Quarterfinalist, National Environmental Moot Court Competition
- Recipient, University of Colorado Public Service Pledge Award
Colorado COVID Stimulus Package Economic Benefits Explained
What the Election Results Mean for Your Business
- Managing Editor, University of Colorado Law Review, 2010-2011
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- “Boulder County: Special-use permit for Martin Marietta gravel mine has lapsed”, April 27, 2022
- “Arvada Rejects Rezone That Would Have Brought Amazon to Town,” June 15, 2021
- “In rare case, Colorado judge says permit must be reheard because of contributions to county commissioner’s campaign,” August 22, 2019
- “Johnstown Residents Prevail Against Open Pit Gravel Mine,” August 15, 2019
- Quoted in Law Week Colorado, “10th Circuit Revises Urban Renewal Decision,” August 12, 2018