EMAIL email@example.comEmail Zach
- Katherine Werckman
- Legal Experience
- Presentations & Publications
- Community Involvement
- Firm News
A member of the Firm’s Real Estate and Litigation practice groups, Zach Price offers a cross-disciplinary perspective, and helps his clients and their businesses identify creative solutions to adjust to unexpected circumstances and thrive during times of uncertainty.
In his real estate practice, Zach provides a range of different transactional services for his clients in all stages of their real estate-related matters. Zach has extensive experience in commercial leasing, and the closely related worlds of lease disputes, lease workouts, and evictions. He provides an informed perspective for landlords and tenants alike who may seek to salvage mutually-beneficial relationships where possible, or, alternatively, to terminate relationships when needed to protect their interests, reputation, or goodwill. Zach also regularly represents Colorado property owners in real property tax protests and appeals.
In his litigation practice, Zach represents a similarly diverse clientele in their real-estate related disputes, including real property, construction, and contract matters. When a dispute arises, Zach provides guidance at the critical early stages to help his clients protect their interests and determine whether litigation is the best option, or whether any alternative solutions may exist to provide a better path forward.
A fourth-generation Coloradan, Zach is licensed to practice in both Colorado and California. Prior to joining the firm, Zach practiced in the Los Angeles and Denver offices of the law firm WilmerHale LLP. In his free time, Zach likes to play underwater hockey – a sport he finds immensely challenging, but oddly rewarding.
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D., 2017, American Jurisprudence Awards in Procedure, Constitutional Law, and Land Use
- University of Colorado, Boulder, B.A., With Distinction, 2014, Phi Beta Kappa, Chancellor’s Recognition Award, Dean’s List
- Prepared leases, lease amendments, lease workouts and terminations, landlord consents to subleases, and various other related rental agreements to help landlords and tenants adjust to unexpected contingencies resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Successfully obtained “agricultural” classification for ranchland leased for cattle grazing, resulting in significant property tax savings for the client.
- Successfully obtained “residential” classification for homeowner’s adjacent lot used in connection with the primary residence, resulting in significant property tax savings for the client.
- Successfully protested county Assessor’s increased valuation of rent-restricted multifamily affordable housing property, resulting in significant property tax savings for the client.
- Successfully obtained early dismissal of groundless lawsuit against structural engineering subconsultant in residential construction defect lawsuit.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of out-of-state motion to compel arbitration, using arguments relating to jurisdiction and venue.
- Won summary judgment dismissal of alter ego/veil piercing claims against individual business owners, which sought to impose personal liability for contracts entered on behalf of their business.
Colorado Property Owners: What to Look For in This Year’s Notices of Valuation
Colorado Commercial Property Taxes: The Uncertain Effects of Amendment B and COVID-19
- Author, “New Regulatory Requirements in Place for CRE Owners,” Colorado Real Estate Journal, May 17th, 2023
- Co-Presenter, “Business Structure and Formation,” Rocky Mountain Chapter – Society of Financial Services Professionals Meeting, May 16th, 2023
- “2020 Changes to Mobile Home Park Act – Purchase Opportunities for Mobile Home Owners,” October 20th, 2021
- Co-Author, “Has California’s Tri-Partite Statutory Structure Aimed At The Reduction Of Greenhouse Gas Emissions And Global Warming Linking Air Quality, Transportation, And Sustainable Land Use Through Regional And Local Planning, Been Successful?,” Urban Lawyer, Summer 2017
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Downtown Denver Partnership’s Civic Leadership and Engagement Committee, Member