John Jennings is an associate attorney at Ireland Stapleton Pryor & Pascoe, PC. He represents businesses in regulatory, government relations and corporate matters. His practice includes advising clients in regulated industries such as alcohol beverages and legalized marijuana on business licensing, permitting, zoning, compliance and government enforcement actions. He appears before state and local regulatory agencies for administrative hearings and rulemaking proceedings. He also assists businesses with transactional and intellectual property matters.
Mr. Jennings has served on public working groups and rulemaking committees for the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division and the City of Denver. Prior to joining the firm, he was the hearings manager for the City of Denver’s Department of Excise and Licenses, where he managed the administrative hearings process for City business licenses and conducted public hearings as a hearing officer. During law school, he was the Executive Editor of the Villanova Law Review.
Presentations & Publications
- Author, “Current Topics in Colorado’s Regulatory Landscape,” 92 Denver Univ. Law Review Online 183 (2015)
- Author, “Skiing Close to the Edge of Trademark Law: The Enforceability of Geographically Descriptive Marks in Vail Associates v. Vend-Tel-Co.,” 55 Villanova Law Review 205 (2010)
- Presenter, Hospitality Law Update, Colorado Hotel & Lodging Association Annual Conference (2016)
- Co-Presenter, Regulatory Update, Recreational Marijuana CLE (April 2015)
- Co-Presenter, Navigating the Agencies, Alcohol Beverage Law CLE (January 2015)
- Co-Presenter, Colorado Marijuana Licenses, Recreational Marijuana CLE (June 2014)
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- WorldDenver Young Professionals, Board Member
- D.A.C. Young Professionals
- D.U. Law School Professional Mentoring Program
- Brother Rice Colorado Alumni Committee Member
Skiing, mountain biking, hiking and reading.