Wilton W. Cogswell, IV
EMAIL email@example.comEmail Wilton
- Malia Heyd
- Legal Experience
- Community Involvement
Wilton W. Cogswell, IV (“Four”) is a tax, trust and estate planning attorney with Ireland Stapleton. Since 1992 Four has worked with clients to preserve their legacies though creative and client-centered trust and estate planning strategies and solutions, with an emphasis on tax planning and wealth transfer. Four also counsels clients on emerging business, choice of entity, and tax-exempt organizations. Clients appreciate his ability to explain complex strategies in simple terms. Four has counseled business owners and their families on succession planning and the use of family limited partnerships and specialized trusts to accomplish their goals. He also advises on transactional matters and real estate.
Four began his practice as corporate counsel for a regional telephone company. He joined Ireland Stapleton as an Of Counsel member in 2005. From 1993 to present, Four has maintained a private practice and remains Of Counsel with Wilton W. Cogswell, III, of Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- L.L.M. in Taxation, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 1996
- J.D., University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 1992
- M.B.A., University of Denver Daniels College of Business, 1992
- B.S. in Biology, Colorado College, 1987
- Representation of numerous clients in tax and estate planning through the use of both tradition.
- Creation and representation of tax-exempt organizations, including private foundations, private operating foundations, and public charities conducting operations both domestically and internationally.
- Formation of the largest community foundation in southern Colorado.
- Formation, sale, and reorganization of closely held business organizations, including multi-million-dollar telephone company and ranch holding company.
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Statutory Revisions Committee, Colorado Bar Association Trust and Estates Section
- Denver Estate Planning Council
- Rocky Mountain Estate Planning Council
- Amboseli Trust for Elephants, Board of Trustees