EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.orgEmail K.C.
- Karen Baker
- Legal Experience
- Presentations & Publications
- Community Involvement
- Firm News
K.C. Groves is a commercial trial attorney who works with local and national companies, business owners, executives, and entrepreneurs to resolve complex business disputes and regulatory matters. He represents his clients in jury and bench trials, appeals, arbitrations, mediations, regulatory proceedings, and litigation-avoidance strategies. K.C.’s knowledge and extensive trial experience have earned him a reputation as a fierce advocate for his clients. He regularly appears before state and federal courts, the Public Utilities Commission, and other tribunals.c
In his career, K.C. has held many leadership positions, including his service as Ireland Stapleton’s Managing Director from 2004 to 2016, Board Chair of SCG Legal from 2012 to 2013, and Board Chair of the Colorado Judicial Institute from 2013 to 2015.
- Colorado Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- J.D., University of Colorado, 1991
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1988
Honors & Awards
- Selected to the Chambers USA guide for General Commercial Litigation, 2012-2020
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® for Commercial Litigation, 2020
- Selected to Colorado Super Lawyers® for Business Litigation, 2006-2020
- Selected to Colorado Super Lawyers® list of top 100 lawyers
- National Jewish Health v. WebMD Health Services Group, Inc., et al., United States District Court of Colorado. Successfully defended claims of copyright infringement and misappropriation of trade secrets resulting in a confidential settlement.
- La Plata Electric Association, Inc., et al. v. Tri-State Generation and Transmission, Inc., Colorado Public Utilities Commission. Successfully represented complainant White River Electric Association, Inc. in challenging Tri-State’s wholesale electric rate design before the Colorado PUC.
- Hudson v. Becker, et al., District Court, Boulder County, Colorado. Successfully represented defendants in a shareholder derivative suit, resulting in a confidential settlement.
- CU Law School Professionalism Panel, March 2016
- “Straight Talk with Judges” at CJI, February 2016
- Colorado Judicial Institute, Board Chair 2013 to 2015; Board Member 2009 to 2017
- SCG Legal, Board Chair 2012 to 2013; Board Member 2008 to 2014
- Colorado Lawyers Committee, Chairs Roundtable 2013 to present; Board Member 2002 to 2012