Thomas J. Wolf
EMAIL email@example.comEmail Thomas
- Denise Cheney
- Legal Experience
- Community Involvement
- Firm News
Known for his swift and calculated approach.
Thomas J. Wolf is an experienced litigator and trial attorney who represents companies, executives, and entrepreneurs in complex civil litigation. He has served as lead counsel in many jury trials in state and federal courts across the United States. Tom is known for his swift and calculated approach to matters involving trade secrets, unfair competition, commercial lease/finance, breach of asset purchase agreements, computer fraud, real estate development and lending, real estate partition, contested probate, commercial fraud, and minority shareholder claims.
Tom is Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy and Civil Pretrial Practice, a recognition given by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. This certification recognizes excellence in legal advocacy, demonstrated competence, and integrity.
As part of his practice, Tom also advises local and national companies on mergers and acquisitions, real estate developers, builders, and lenders in different aspects of the purchase, sale, and lease of real estate projects.
The natural outcome of Tom’s practice is the privilege to advise his clients on matters of succession planning in business and preservation of accumulated family wealth. Tom helps his clients with tailored and thoughtful estate planning solutions to preserve their legacies for generations to come.
Tom joined Ireland Stapleton in 2008. Prior to joining the firm, Tom was a partner with Myer, Swanson, Adams & Wolf, P.C. for 26 years, a Denver firm formed in 1960.
- Colorado Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- J.D., University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, J.D., 1982, Board of Editors, Denver Law Journal
- B.A., University of Colorado, 1979
Honors & Awards
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® for Corporate and Real Estate Law
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy since 1993 and Board Certified in Civil Pretrial Practice since 2012
- Selected to Colorado Super Lawyers® for Litigation Law
- Rotarian of the Year by Rotary District 5450, 2011
- Rotary Foundation Citation for Meritorious Service, 2010
- Colorado Bar Fellow
- Published cases – Itin v. Ungar, 17 P.3d 129 (Colorado Supreme Court allowed treble damages for civil theft in a commercial setting).
- Ajay Sports Inc. v. Casazza, 1 P.3d 267 (Colorado Court of Appeals in a case of first impression permitted apportionment of punitive damages among defendants by the jury).
- Cache National Bank v. Hinman, 626 F. Supp. 1341(Federal District Court permitted claim by former bank president for contribution to proceed against bank directors).
- Southwestern Development Company v. Humphrey, 709 P.2d 51, rev’d in part, 734 P.2d 637(Colorado Supreme Court held that district courts have jurisdiction to determine title to water rights, not state water courts).
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Interprofessional Committee of the Colorado and Denver Bar Associations
- Interprofessional Committee, Denver Bar Association, Past Chairman
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association