LANGUAGE Spanish, French
EMAIL email@example.comEmail Lidiana
- Robin McReynolds
- Legal Experience
- Community Involvement
- Firm News
Lidiana Rios is an efficient and results-driven complex commercial litigation and regulatory attorney, designing winning legal strategies with an eye towards clients’ business goals. Lidiana handles a wide range of business matters, including governance and contract disputes, trade secrets, unfair competition, and fraud. She represents companies and individuals in dispute resolution, trials, appeals, arbitrations, mediations, and regulatory proceedings. In her regulatory practice, Lidiana advises investors, creditors, developers, intellectual property holders, and other license-holders regulated by the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies, including cannabis companies.
Lidiana is uniquely suited for international litigation, having conducted corporate due diligence, legal drafting, and investigations in Spanish with Latin American firms and companies. Lidiana was also a law clerk at the Centro por la Justicia y el Derecho International in Costa Rica, working on litigation before the Inter-American Court of Human Rights.
Lidiana also has considerable environmental and water law experience, counseling companies and governmental entities on reclamation projects and compliance with state and federal environmental laws, including representing states in interstate compact litigation.
Lidiana’s pro bono work has focused on immigration and human rights matters. Lidiana has represented VAWA and asylum applicants in collaboration with the Texas Civil Rights Project, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights in San Francisco, Public Counsel and Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project in Los Angeles, and International Rescue Committee in Denver.
Before joining Ireland Stapleton, Lidiana clerked for former Colorado Supreme Court Justice (now 10th Circuit Judge) Allison H. Eid. She also clerked at the Municipal Operations department of the Denver City Attorney’s Office, and interned with Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper’s Office of Sustainability.
- Colorado and California
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2010, Hagman Scholar
- B.A., Pace University, Pforzheimer Honors College, 2005, Summa Cum Laude, Recipient of the Kahlo-Bolivar Award for Latin American History
Honors & Awards
- Selected to Colorado Super Lawyers® for Business Litigation, 2017- 2020
- Obtained a favorable interpretation of Delaware law from the Colorado Supreme Court, resulting in compelled deposition of a high-profile public figure.
- Reached a favorable mediation resolution for a housing authority client, in a dispute with an insurance company regarding coverage for methamphetamine testing and repairs.
- Prevailed at the summary judgment stage on behalf of a family-owned recycling company in a contract dispute against a multinational electric utility company.
- Represented a multinational engineering firm in a transnational trade secrets and usurpation of business opportunity dispute with former officers and employees, winning both at trial and arbitration.
- Successfully represented a national marijuana packaging, labeling, and branding company in trade secrets and racketeering litigation.
- Prevailed at trial on behalf of a global tax services provider in interference with business contract litigation with a former franchisee and employee.
- Represented employee agents in a compensation and trade secrets dispute against a national life insurance company.
- Litigated on behalf of a global financial services firm in disputes related to mortgage origination and subprime mortgage investments.
- Represented a U.S. state in interstate compact water litigation before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Colorado Hispanic Bar Association Foundation, Board Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Litigation Section Executive Council Member, Legislative Liaison, and Equity, Inclusion, and Diversity Chair
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- Downtown Denver Partnership Leadership Program, Program Participant
- Denver Kids, Inc., Executive Council and Young Professionals Council Member
- Volunteer Pro Bono Attorney at International Rescue Committee, Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network, and Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project