LANGUAGE Spanish, French
EMAIL email@example.comEmail Lidiana
- Robin McReynolds
- Legal Experience
- Community Involvement
- Firm News
Lidiana Rios is a complex commercial litigation and regulatory attorney. As a litigator, Lidiana represents companies and individuals in pre-litigation dispute resolution, trials, appeals, arbitrations, mediations, regulatory proceedings, and litigation-avoidance strategies. She handles a wide range of complex commercial litigation matters, including business governance and contract disputes, trade secrets, unfair competition, and fraud. In her regulatory practice, Lidiana represents investors, creditors, developers, intellectual property holders and others in licensed industries, including legal marijuana and other licenses governed by the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies. Lidiana has an efficient and results-driven style, designing winning legal strategies with an eye towards clients’ business objectives.
Lidiana has considerable environmental and water law experience, working with companies and governmental entities on reclamation projects and compliance with state and federal environmental laws, representing states in interstate compact litigation, and negotiating and litigating water matters.
She also has international law experience, serving as a law clerk at the Centro por la Justicia y el Derecho International in Costa Rica and working on litigation before the Inter-American Court of Human Rights. Lidiana has also represented VAWA and asylum applicants in collaboration with the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights in San Francisco, Public Counsel and Esperanza Immigrant Rights Project in Los Angeles, and International Rescue Committee in Denver.
Before joining Ireland Stapleton, Lidiana clerked for former Colorado Supreme Court Justice (now 10th Circuit Judge) Allison H. Eid. She also clerked at the Municipal Operations department of the Denver City Attorney’s Office, representing the City of Denver and the Denver International Airport in tax litigation and regulatory and environmental compliance. Ms. Rios also interned with Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper’s Office of Sustainability.
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, 2010, Hagman Scholar
- B.A., Pace University, Pforzheimer Honors College, 2005, summa cum laude, Recipient of the Kahlo-Bolivar Award for Latin American History
Honors & Awards
- Selected to Colorado Super Lawyers® for Business Litigation, 2017- 2020
- Prevailed at the summary judgment stage on behalf of a family-owned recycling company in a contract dispute against a multinational electric utility company.
- Represented a multinational engineering firm in transnational trade secrets and usurpation of business opportunity dispute with former officers and employees, winning both at trial and arbitration.
- Successfully represented a national marijuana packaging, labeling, and branding company in trade secrets and racketeering litigation.
- Prevailed at trial on behalf of a global tax services provider in interference with business contract litigation with a former franchisee and employee.
- Represented employee agents in a compensation and trade secrets dispute against a national life insurance company.
- Litigated on behalf of a global financial services firm in disputes related to mortgage origination and subprime mortgage investments.
- Represented a U.S. state in interstate compact water litigation before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Colorado Bar Association, Litigation Section Executive Council Member and Legislative Liason
- Denver Bar Association
- Downtown Denver Partnership Public Realm Council, Member
- Denver Kids, Inc., Executive Council and Young Professionals Council Member
- Volunteer Pro Bono Attorney at International Rescue Committee and Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network.